Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My 08


2008 brought much more than anyone could have predicted. Change, history, a recession, a different pace. Good and bad, lets look back at the good the bad and the very very good!
1. Ye Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth Shall Make You Free. The first day as a Texas Longhorn I truly felt inspired, to be greater, to be the best I could be. Corney but true and I am truly blessed to be at such an amazing school. If you go to Texas, you should be too!

2. Shock Me Like An Electric Eel. My first Austin City Limits was more like Christie without limits, after a couple hits, a couple bottles of wine, and a couple amazing shows. I had become obsessed with MGMT formerly known as Management this summer and had the priviledge of seeing them at ACL. They are responsible for the musical orgasm that I had. Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Van Wyngarden rocked ACL and drew one of the biggest crowd seen during the festival. Ben Goldwasser I'll be your electric girl.

3. Change? The United States will never be the same after Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama shook up the political world with the first ever female presidential candidate and African American. In a surprising outcome, charismatic president elect Barack Obama took down the republican vanilla frosty John McCain in what might consider a landslide. Come January W is out and Obama is in the Black House.

4. It's Britney bitch. This year we were all witness to the return of the fallen pop princess with her Womanizer single and the new release Circus. Two kids, a divorce, an atrocious haircut, and a trip to rehab, I'm sure Britney fans worldwide will hope that she learned from her previous poor choices. I wonder what we get from the pop princess in 2009.

5. Why So Serious? This year did not bring as many blockbusters as the previous years but there were a couple special ones that entertained us this year. My personal favorite "The Dark Knight", "Wall-e", and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" were some of the best flicks of 2008. The Dark Knight takes the cake and I am just amazed at the incredible acting, filmatography, visual picture and writing. Rest in peace gorgeous Heath, you sure put a smile on our face.

6. You Know You Love Me. Chuck Bass, Nate Archibald, Serena VanderWoodsen, Blair Waldorf, Jenny and Dan Humprey all gave me a new guilty pleasure to watch on Monday nights. Enter the world of the priviledged upper east siders and you get = sex, drugs, alcohol, drama...repeat. The next show is Jan 5 Monday night at 7 and I cannot wait!

No comments: